- What types of transactions require a greensheet?
Because the Green sheet is how the Accounng Department keeps track of your commissions the
following types of transacons require a Green sheet.
- Is there a way to populate the KWLS listings into the Green sheet?
The online Green sheet is integrated into the Keller Williams Lisng System, and you can populate the
KWLS data into a Green sheet by following the steps below.
• Log into your KWLS
• In the upper le& corner click on “Create buyer side transacon” or “Create seller side transacon”
• Then select KW Lisng and you will be prompted to search for the lisng in the KWLS
• A&er you have located the lisng and selected it then the Green sheet will populate with that data
- How many Online Green sheets need to be generated if the buying and selling
agents are both affiliated with KW and are located in the same Market Center?
One Green sheet will be created per Market Center for each property.
What if both are affiliated with KW but are located in different Market Centers?
Two total Green sheets will be created. One Green sheet will be created for each Market Center for
- Do I need to fill out a green sheet for a referral fee?
Yes. Referral fees are earned commissions too, so a green sheet is needed so that the Market Center
can record your earnings for 1099 purposes.
- Is there a way to use the Online Greensheet if the listing is not mine AND not a KW Listing?
Yes, by selecting ‘Create Buyer Side Transaction’ and then ‘Non-KW Listing’ this will direct you to a
blank Green sheet that you can fill in and submit to your Market Center.
- If I have the buyer, do I write in the Green sheet separately?
If more than one agent from you Market Center is involved on this transaction then because there is
only one Greensheet per Market Center per property, then you must include them on the Greensheet. However, if you are the only agent involved from your Market Center then you must enter in the information yourself.
- What happens if I click “SAVE” instead of “SUBMIT” while working on a Greensheet Online?
The informaon is saved in the KWRI database for you to access again when you are ready to.
- If it saves, where does it save and how can I access it again? To access a saved Online Green sheet, please log into your KWLS and enter your search criteria into the grey search box at the top of the screen. Then be sure to select “Initiated” for Contract Status and “Only My Listings” for Location. Then, press the ‘Search’ button and all results will then appear. Then, to see the Green sheet for a listing select the MLS number from the list of properes and from there the system will take you directly to the Green sheet (if it is a Non-KW Listing) or it will take you directly to the KW Listing (if it is a KW Listing) and there will be a Green sheet button at the bottom.
- What status does the listing need to have in the KWLS so that I can create a Greensheet Online? A Green sheet can be created for any lisng status except ‘Expired’. So, Initiated, Submitted, Accepted, Parally Accepted, Returned to Agent, etc will all have access to create a Greensheet.
- Who at our Market Center can review and approve Online Green sheets? Associates with the role of TL, Assistant TL, or OP can approve the Compliance Approval portion of an Online Green sheet. Associates with the role of MCA, Assistant MCA, TL, Assistant TL, or OP can approve the Financial Approval portion of an Online Green sheet.
- How could an additional agent or assistant at our Market Center gain the ability to review and approve Online Greensheets? Once an agent is assigned the Assistant TL role and they will be able to perform the compliance approval step. In order to have an Assistant TL role added to an associate's profile a member of your Regional Leadership will need to email Roster@kw.com. That email will notify the KWRI Legal Department of the request and then usually within 48 hours of receiving the request the role will be added to the associate’s profile.
- If a Green sheet for a property says “Parally Accepted” in the Status, who do I contact to finish the acceptance process? Please contact your Market Center Leadership to locate the person who is needed to approve both the Compliance and Financial Secons of the Online Green sheet. Usually your Team Leader or MCA will be able to provide more insight into this area.
- How do I share a Lisng or Sales Commission with other agents in my MC? If you are the person who originally created the Green sheet you may add other agents in the Associate Detail secon by selecting the magnifying glass next to ‘MORE ID’ field. Then, you can search for a fellow agent by either their first or last name. Please keep in mind that only agents from your Market Center will display since one Green sheet per Market Center will need to be created. Below the associate’s name you can enter In the appropriate units for the lisng and/or sale as well as change the gross commission amounts depending on your individual situation.
- Can I share a lisng or Sales Commission with agents in other MCs? The Green sheet form only supports agents in the same MC to share a transaction. If there is a KW agent from another MC involved it is recommended that they are entered as an outside referral.
- How do other agents who are included on the Green sheet locate the Greensheet? When additional agents access the KWLS system to search for the Green sheet created they will search for Green sheet by entering information into the search secon (i.e. Listings in my MC or by the name of the agent who entered the lisng). Then, once the specific listing is found select the listing number and scroll to the bottom of the listing. Select the Greensheet button, in the associate detail section the additional agents will find their name listed.
- What is the difference between “Delete” and “TNC” on an Online Greensheet? Only the original submitter of the Online Green sheet will have the ability to “Delete” the Greensheet. Deleting a Green sheet can be accomplished when the Greensheet’s status is either ‘Initiated’ or ‘Returned’. The TNC (Transaction Not Closed) status may only be completed by the MCA of the MarketCenter.
- Does the listing’s status change to Sold as the Green sheet is processed? At this me the lisng status must be changed manually when a lisng is sold. In the future there willbe automatic status changes to the listing based on the acvies of the Greensheet.
- How do other agents who are included on the Green sheet locate the Greensheet? When additional agents access the KWLS system to search for the Green sheet created they will search for Green sheet by entering information into the search secon (i.e. Listings in my MC or by the name of the agent who entered the listing). Then, once the specific listing is found select the listing number and scroll to the bottom of the listing. Select the Greensheet button, in the associate detail section the additional agents will find their name listed.
- How do I print a hardcopy of the Green sheet? When viewing the Greensheet there is a button called ‘Printable View’ located near the bottom of the screen. The ‘Printable View’ button will optimize the printing for the Greensheet, then select ‘File’ and then ‘Print’. Be sure to SAVE the Green sheet otherwise the information will not show up.
- When I print from the Web browser some of the information is cutoff, why? The best way to print a Green sheet is by using the ‘Printable View’ button at the bottom of the GS. Please refer to the “How do I print a hardcopy of the Green sheet?” FAQ.
- Not all the information is showing on printed page, why? Be sure to SAVE the Green sheet before clicking on ‘Printable View’, ‘File’, ‘Print’ so that all of the up to date information will be included when printing.